Thursday, October 18, 2007

Welcome Sydney Molare

TEN THINGS YOU MAY NOT KNOW ABOUT AUTHOR, SYDNEY MOLARE'

1. I've been self-published, traditionally published and e-published. While many wish for the traditionally published route, I've found that there is very little difference between trad and self-published. The biggest difference is that with trad you work on their schedule and they have better distribution. But the promotional efforts are the same.

2. In my spare time, I am the pianist/organist for my church. I trained classically for 9 years in my youth, competing at the state level, but now I only play for church.

3. My favorite genre is mystery and suspense. I cut my teeth on those Reader's Digest Condensed books. It was where I first heard of John LeCarre and Robert Ludlum, some of my suspense favorites. I do think James Patterson, Elmore Leonard and JD Robb do good jobs also.

4. When I write, I like to let the reader "create their own world." Meaning, I give some detail, but I don't give minute details. I find that boring, really a filler.

5. When I think of my writing style, I like to think of it as slash writing. I get right to the meat of the matter without traveling around the moon to make the point. Some criticize but most love it. Just in what you like, I guess.

6. I've made more money writing erotica than in any other genre. Amazing.

7. I'm hooked on the Oprah and Friends XM radio network. LOL. Gayle King has found her niche.

8. I was always an overachiever. I finished HS at 15, college at 19 and received my doctorate at 23.

9. My favorite colors are black and red. I don't like pastels at all, especially pink. Though I do use a pink in my book covers. It seems to appeal to women more.

10. I managed to participate in Mardi Gras in New Orleans for the first time this year. I ate, drank and was one of the few who didn't show their tits!

Visit me at www.sydneymolare.com


1 comment:

Dyan said...

Very impressive! Seems like you know how to have a good time.

Dyan